Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Building Grows On Bond Street

oo




The addition to this building at 322 Bond Street went up incredibly quickly over the last two or three weeks. The steel structure over the existing building is now visible from Smith Street which is a real bummer.
The permit calls for a" proposed alteration to existing 3 story, six family old tenement brick building and conversion to 9 family, extend 1 story and attic. The permits have been filed by Zambrano Architects.

A few complaints have been called in on this site just in the last few days. They include:
*contrary to approved plans, two additional floors have been added
*Illegal elevator being built middle of the building without permits
*Illegal Deck all around building

The addition looks a bit too heavy and massive on top of this old brick house. But hey, I am not an engineer.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

4 comments:

Brownstoner said...

http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2009/04/development_wat_396.php

Kelly said...

Hi Brownstoner,
I must have missed that post on your site.
Interest discussion about the attic. Was wondering about that myself.

Cynthia said...

I have been watching this from my windows for quite awhile. At first I thought they were just repairing the roof. Here is what I know about the property via my kids' babysitter who owned the house next door. The property had at one point been listed for quite awhile - I think it sold for less than my babysitter's house did around the same time. It was a tough sell because the apartments were rent controlled. I don't what has happened to the tenants if anything. One family moved to Florida but that was several years ago.

Plow to Plate said...

There is a stop work order on the site now.