Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Local Pastry Shops Officially Open Italian Ices Season In Carroll Gardens

oo



Monteleone's At 355 Court Street
and....



Court Street Pastry Shop at 298 Court Street a few blocks away


90 degree weather in April prompted our local pastry shops to open Italian Ices season. Both Monteleone's and Court Street Pastry had their little side windows wide open to customers.
Now I know that there are some in the neighborhood who exclusively frequent one or the other, swearing that one makes better ices and has better cookies than the other.
I pledge no such allegiance. Any cookie and any ice is all right in my book, though I do have a favorite flavor: pistachio.

How about you, dear reader. Where do you stop for your frozen treats?




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For ices, I love Court Street Pastry's custard flavor and Monteleone's chocolate.

Josh Steele said...

Sal's Pizza too!