Friday, May 29, 2009

'Ting Hua' On Smith Street Closes ***Update: And Opens Again***

oo
IMG_8305


IMG_8304

A few days ago, I received an email from reader Tamar, who wanted to know if I had noticed that Ting Hua, the Chinese restaurant at 351 Smith Street, between Carroll Street and Second Place, had closed late last week. That was news to me, so I walked by to check it out. Sure enough, the gate was rolled down during lunch time and has remained closed. A quick telephone call to the restaurant's number remained unanswered.
This place was hardly one of my favorites in the neighborhood. However, it has been a fixture on Smith Street for at least 10-12 years.
I asked the deli owner next door if he knew what had happened. He seemed as surprised as I was.
Does anyone have any info?


****UPDATE****

Sunday May 31st
A FOR RENT sign appeared on the storefront on Friday, but by Sunday, there were two people cleaning the take-out restaurant and there was a sign in the window that Ting Hua would re-open by Monday, June 1st.

Weird!





Related Reading:

Major Yuck Factor At Ting Hua On Smith Street



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

No comments: