Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Greetings From South Carolina: A Visit To Angela's Farmstand

oo
IMG_8841

IMG_8842


IMG_8838


IMG_8840

IMG_8836

IMG_8835

IMG_8831


IMG_8833

It has been beastly hot here in Surfside, South Carolina,, dear Reader, so I have spent most of the days sitting on the beach with a good book. I have tried to keep outings to a minimum, but yesterday, I stopped by Angela's Produce and Seafood Market to pick up a few things for dinner.
And look at those locally grown vine-ripe tomatoes. They tasted as good as they look on the photo above. And the price was right, too. I forget how much I paid for similar tomatoes at the Carroll Gardens Farmers Market last summer, but I don't think it was $ 1.39 per pound.
Wish I could bring some back for you'all!


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Plow to Plate said...

Those peaches look yum-e-licious! Did you try them, too, Katia? Great to make a trifle with - layered with some vanilla custard pudding, pound cake, and whipped cream...

Kelly said...

They do look good, don't they?

Did not try them yet, but will certainly buy some next time.
The tomatoes tasted incredible.
A little red onion, a little olive oil, and a pinch of salt..that's all that was needed.

Oh, and wine plus good bread of course.