Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dennet Place Neighbors Throw A Party

oo































The inhabitants of Dennet Place, between Luquer and Nelson Streets, are very lucky. They live on a charming little one-block-long Carroll Gardens street, almost hidden from the hustle and bustle of city life. It is a wonderful enclave, where time seems to stand still. Everyone knows everyone else and the inhabitants obviously like to hang out with each other, because a few times a year, they bring out tents, tables and chairs, a huge grill, massive amounts of food and throw a great party.

My friends David and Carolina, who used to live on Dennet and got married right on the block, are still honorary members of this tight-knit community. "You should come on Saturday." David told me, knowing that this is just the kind of event I love to cover.

David had barely introduced me when I was told by one of the residents to "take a plate, get yourself something to eat. Don't be shy." The Dennet 'family' could not have been more welcoming. I actually knew quite a few people there, recognized many from my walks around Carroll Gardens. But I also had the great pleasure of meeting some new people.



Many thanks for welcoming me and for allowing me to spend a pleasant afternoon with you!

PS: I am sorry I could not stay for the Grilled Peach Sorbet. That looked absolutely heavenly. Will have to try it myself.


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grilled peaches looked sublime! never heard of doing that- grilled peach sorbet!
if the world were made up of dennet place neighbors what a lovely place it would be!