Sunday, September 13, 2009

Maria SS. Addolorata Procession In Carroll Gardens

oo
-1 by you.


-5 by you.


-2 by you.


-4 by you.


-3 by you.


-8 by you.

-7 by you.

-9 by you.


-6 by you.

Photo credit: Andy Schocken


The procession and feast of Maria SS. Addolorata, the patron saint of Mola Di Bari, is a tradition here in Carroll Gardens. Every second Sunday in September, the Catholic Parish of Sacred Hearts/St. Stephen holds mass and members of the congregation carry the statue of Our Lady Of Sorrows around the streets of Carroll Gardens.


I did not get a chance to see the procession myself this year. Luckily, Andy Schocken, a new neighborhood resident, took these terrific photos and was kind enough to allow me to post them here.

Thanks, Andy, and welcome to the hood.


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Plow to Plate said...

Beautiful pictures, especially of the people. I was thinking so as I was scrolling down them. Great job, Andy!