Sunday, November 01, 2009

New York City Marathon 2009: A Real Inspiration

oo







What can I say! The New York Marathon is an exhilarating event. I try not to miss it.
I arrived at the corner of Carroll Street and 4th Avenue just in time to see the front runners sprint by.
Their speed is awe-inspiring. They appear out of nowhere, and puff, they are gone.

However, one has to admire all of the runners, fast or slow. The training, sacrifice and will-power needed to finish the race is, of course, daunting. I have to admit that seeing their performance always makes me choke up. It is amazing what humans can achieve when they put their minds to it.

My husband took part in the Marathon more than 10 years ago. I remember standing at the exact spot with our two kids, hoping to spot him so that I could encourage him, but mostly to make sure that he was doing all right.

I never had the urge to run in the Marathon myself, but I congratulate all who attempt and succeed.


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

No comments: