Monday, December 28, 2009

A Brooklyn Postcard From The Past: The Main Post Office

oo
24103


You know by now, dear Reader, that I love history and all things Brooklyn. Combine the two and you will not be surprised by this new series of old postcards sent in years and decades past from Brooklyn that I will be posting occasionally on PMFA.
Here is the first one.

More than 104 years ago, A.R.S. sent this Post card from Broklyn of the Cadman Plaza Post Office.

November 11-16-05

Dear Hatty,

You people out there are wonders. Steve sent me five postals and no two are alike.

A.R.S.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Glogger said...

I love this post and postcard! My Dad used to work in this post office. A couple of summers ago he visited Brooklyn again after leaving almost 20 years ago. It was the first place he wanted to see.
Thanks,
Glenda