Monday, March 22, 2010

Best Comment Of The Day: Respect

oo


Anonymous left the following comment on the post: How Long Does One Have To Live
In Carroll Gardens Before One Is No Longer Considered A Newcomer?

Over 20 years here and finally the "mayor" of our block acknoweledged me with a slight not of his head. I feel like I belong here but have always made a point to defer to the old timers on community issues. Well, I don't always defer to the big enchilada, Buddy Scotto, but at one time I did until I realized that the majority of old timers were scoffing at him.

There are still some businesses I don"t go into because I feel like an interloper.

How to fit here is to respect your neighbors who have been here for a long time. There will be many rewards like Halloween candy saved for your kids to name one.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

No comments: