Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Brooklyn Blogger Stranded On A Sunny Island...In Florida

oo
IMG_7959

IMG_7962

IMG_7945

IMG_7965

IMG_7966

IMG_7971

IMG_7984

IMG_7985


IMG_7979

Dear Reader,
Can you imagine my misfortune? I am stranded on a a sunny island surrounded by beaches, citrus trees, long-necked birds, and alligators while I wait for the weather to clear in Brooklyn.
In the meantime, I am trying to deal with the warm temperature (80 degrees) and the blue skies...
Yesterday, Mr. Pardon Me took me on an 18 mile bicycle ride around the island and through a nature preserve. That's where we encountered the rather large alligator.
I'll return to Brooklyn on Friday, weather permitting. In the meantime, I'll try to manage here on Sanibel Island, Florida.

Katia


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it, I had enough of sunny, warm weather picture, I won't look to your blog until you share our pain :) Weather that is

Anonymous said...

Katia, I am feeling so so so sorry for you! Kathleen

Katia said...

But, there are crocodiles here and today, I got sunburned...

Will be back in Glorious Brooklyn on Friday and will gladly share the pain then.

Tootie said...

I live at Sanibel now, but remember how happy I would have been to get stranded here. :) I used to pray for such a thing to happen. You have to be enjoying the warm sunshine. I saw LOTS of bikers out today. This day was wonderful!!!!

Katia said...

Yesterday was indeed glorious. Today doesn't look too bad either.

Anonymous said...

please be careful

Mrs. G said...

Oh you poor Dear. Just hang in there and try to make the best of it! Safe trip back home!

Mr. Bronx said...

Hey, how did that alligator escape from the sewers in Brooklyn and end up in Florida? ;-)

Laura said...

Good for you! Watch the snow on TV like I do.