Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ping-Pong-A-Thon To Get B 61's Bartender Jamie Nine New Teeth

oo
IMG_0615

Nine new teeth is as good a reason to play 15 straight hours of ping pong as any, especially if you need to raise the last $5000 of your $35,000 dental bill.
Jamie, the bartender at Columbia Street's Bar B61, is hoping to raise funds during a Ping-Pong-A-Thon to replace the choppers he lost a few years back. 'Toofless' Jamie writes :
"On July 28th, 1995, a younger and dare i say thinner me was returning home from a Doobie Brothers/Steve Miller Band concert in Manassas, VA, when a drunk driver decided not to follow the curve in the road, continuing straight into the side of the car carrying me and my high school sweetheart Grace.

Hilarious right? Hilarious LOOKing maybe! amiright?

While I am thankful that my face has been able to amuse you all over the years, I am reaching the final step in what has been an epic series of surgeries and reconstructions and just need a little help getting to the end. So I am having a fundraiser for my teeth.

On Saturday April 30th from 1pm to 4am, I am going to play Ping Pong for 15 hours straight. I am taking just 7 minutes off an hour to pee and drink. I plan on sweating off about 10 pounds that i gained over the winter. There will be several featured players over the course of the 15 hours. There will also be time available for you to pay to play me and make me suffer."

Clever idea, no? Let's all help Jamie out and make sure he gets his new teeth. He has gone through enough.

Jamie's Ping-Pong-A-Thon
BarB61
187 Columbia Street Cross is Degraw
Saturday, April 30 at 1:00pm - May 1 at 4:00am

For more information, click here.
°°°°°°°°°°°°


No comments: