Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Bounty: Peaches, Apples, Tomatos (And Mushrooms) Ripening In Carroll Gardens Front Yards

oo
IMG_3177
IMG_3178
IMG_3194
IMG_3192
IMG_3171
IMG_3172
Have you noticed? This summer's record breaking 100 plus degree weather may have been unpleasant for humans, but it certainly helped produce quite a nice crop of peaches, apples, figs, abricots and tomatoes in Carroll Gardens' signature court yards.

The more recent rains have contributed to another crop. These mushrooms below were happily growing in a tree pit on Court Street and I think I spotted one or tow in my own front yard, between the weeds. Of course, these are most probably the poisonous kind, so don't try to gather them. I know you know, but just in case.... I wouldn't want these to end up in someone's omelet.

If you have something edible and delectable fruit or vegetable growing in your Carroll Gardens yard, send me a photo and I will post it here on PMFA.

IMG_3167
IMG_3166
IMG_3165

No comments: