Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving 2017, Neighbors!

oo
Untitled
Stopping at Monteleone's for cookies.

Here at Casa Kelly in Carroll Gardens, the turkey is in the refrigerator, the chestnuts for the stuffing have been roasted, and all the ingredients for the side dishes have been bought. I made a conscious effort to buy everything in our local neighborhood stores this year, from Sahadi's on Atlantic Avenue, to Stinky's on Smith Street, where I ordered my turkey,  to K&Y greengrocer on Court Street, and lastly, for cookies at Monteleone's. (Thank goodness for my little red shopping cart and a patient husband, who helped to carry everything home. All I need to do now is to clean the house and get ready for our guests tomorrow.

I would like to wish all of you a very special Thanksgiving 2017. If you are heading out of town, safe travels. Enjoy family and friends and remember to check back here early next week for more news and photos of our beautiful little neighborhood.
I am thankful to all my wonderful readers and neighbors. Thanks for all your encouragement and engagement throughout the year.


4 comments:

vivien said...

thanks for all you do for our neighborhood.
vivien

Anonymous said...

Echoing Vivien: thank you, Katia, for all of your work. You are a mover & shaker when it comes to to keeping our quality of life high here in Carroll Gardens.

Katia said...

Thank you both so very much. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jimmy From Brooklyn said...

Thank you Katia!