Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Well, hello Florida!

oo
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Sometimes, even a Carroll Gardens blogger needs to pack a bag, leave her favorite Brooklyn neighborhood, and head South.
I am currently in Florida, just soaking up the sun and exploring places that I have never visited.  I spent today in Winter Haven, visiting friends who introduced me to the Circle B Bar Reserve, which was quite stunning. I have never seen so much wildlife in one place.
Tomorrow, my trip will take me further down I-95 to West Palm Beach, where my husband and I will be reunited with his family for the big Kelly re-union.
More photos to come, so stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's still winter in Carroll Gardens!

MrsSam said...

Greetings Katia,

Enjoy the fun and sun! Just make sure you get yourself back to Brooklyn in time for my visit! 😁

Katia said...

Of course, my dear. Looking so forward to your visit.

Anonymous said...

A fleeting and precious thing in Florida, wildlife. Much like the fleeting and precious thing of historic preservation in NYC. Glad Winter Haven appreciates and, hopefully, will continue to protect its wildlife. Wondering if NYC, a wealthier and to some, a more enlightened city, will do the same for its historic resources now more threatened than ever? How can we ever convince this opposite-side-of-the-same-coin-as-Trump mess of a Mayor find new eyes to see and protect the beauty that is historic Carroll Gardens? Would making deBlasio a present of a baby alligator do the trick? (warning: they grow)

Anonymous said...

I'm originally from Winter Haven and have been living on Sackett St for over 4 years, glad to see you discovered Circle B!

Next time take a side trip to Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales!!

Katia said...

I fully intend to, Anon, 12:54. Winter Haven is a lovely place.