Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Visit To Le Puy-En-Velay

oo









Though I had wanted to visit Puy-En-Velay for years with my schoolfriend Violaine, who is a professor there, it somehow never happened due to our very busy schedules.
So this year, we ceased the opportunity to go accompanied by German friends who had come for a few days to stay with us.
Le Puy is one of the most beautiful and oldest cities of the Auvergne in France. It is one of the official starting points of the St. Jacob's Way, the pilgrimage route that leads to Compostella, Spain. To this day, pilgrims gather here to start their journey.
The cathedral of Le Puy is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The streets of the old city are lined with the most incredible ancient stone houses. Everywhere, there is something to discover. My little camera was clicking away at every turn.
Le Puy certainly is one of the most photogenic cities I have ever visited.
If you ever are in France, dear Reader, you should certainly stop here. I will be back and hopefully, with my friend Violaine by my side.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Katia, the next year, we will walking in Le Puy en Velay together.
Enjoy the end of your french stay in Paris!
Bises Violaine