Monday, September 24, 2007

SCARANO BUILDING AT 333 CARROLL: AN UPDATE

oo
(photo credit: Brownstoner.com)

Just days ago, I wrote about the "other" Scarano building in Carroll Gardens. After countless complaints from neighbors,
333 Carroll Street was slapped with a "stop work" order. For months, there has been no activity. Now, neighbors have reported that there is work going on at the site though the stop work order is still in effect on the D.o.B. site. The neighbors have called 311 and sure enough, there are 3 new complaints listed.
What's going on?

Here are the comments left on this blog from concerned neighbors:


Katia
Let me know if you hear anything about that building and I will keep my ears open too. I have been monitoring the NYC DOB site, but there is nothing new on there. What about the reports that there have been some workers on the site lately. Is that true?

Anonymous:
Yes it is absolutely true. They were there last Saturday and someone who is absolutely impeachable saw them doing something with beams and I saw them doing work on what I believe is the elevator shaft. Another person also saw them working.

Katia
Has anyone called 311? Not that it would do anything, but just for the record. I am amazed. You would think that they would lay low for a while. Unless they already know that they will be allowed to continue building and just can't wait. Hmm! Interesting.

Anonymous:
Yes, at least three people, myself included, called 311 but by the time dob arrived later in the afternoon the workers were gone or maybe dob didn't look up. The complaints are noted on the dob website.

Related reading:
Revisiting Scarano's Carroll Street Building

No comments: