Monday, June 09, 2008

First Carroll Gardens Greenmarket Of The 2008 Season

oo














What a pleasure it was to walk over to the Carroll Gardens Greenmarket on Sunday morning.
Since last year, the market has much expanded and there is now a greater variety of food including dairy, bread, meat as well as seafood. The produce was wonderful. The strawberries were sensational and I regret not having bought a second basket of them. The first was almost gone by the time I returned home.
Of course you know, dear reader, that I am drawn particularly to the flowers and the nursery had some very interesting perennials. I found three which I simply had to have. I am just waiting for cooler weather to find a spot for them in my tiny garden.
As a special treat, local resident Andrew Sarno brought his beautifully restored old Ford-Furguson tractor to the market. He keeps it right here in Brooklyn, parked in a garage.
The only downside to this first Greenmarket of the season was the tremendous heat which already was beastly by 9 AM. I felt sorry for the vendors.
Lets hope it will be cooler by next week.



For Home Page, click
Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am mad at myself for not making it but it was just to hot. I can't wait until next week.