Friday, April 17, 2009

Hey Neighbor! Pardon Me For Asking, But...

oo
Pardon Me for asking

Dear Reader,

The new "question of the week" feature on Pardon Me For Asking is a great success according to your comments and emails. So far, I asked you what
restaurant you would miss most if you ever had to move away from Carroll Gardens. Then, your favorite neighborhood bakery was discussed at length, and last week, we talked about the best mozzarella.

Well, I can only say, you guys are passionate about your food. Which brings me to this week's question. So...




Won't you please, please, please answer this question?

So lets hear it!

Ready?

Here it is:

Who makes the best cookies in Carroll Gardens,
and which is your favorite type?



If you have a great idea for a 'question of the week', please send it to me at pardonmeinbrooklyn at gmail dot com. I may just use it in the coming weeks.




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

11 comments:

Plow to Plate said...

Court Pastry Shop makes the best pinole cookies. Linda Mariano makes the best chocolate chip cookies - but has no shop, alas.

Crazy people on the A train said...

Monte Leone's pignole cookies are the best cookies ever. My kids say their seven layer cookies rank second. When they were renovating, we just stopped eating cookies (and cheesecake!)

Batman said...

Court Pastry. Regina & Twist. They're the cheapest, and the best.

Anonymous said...

How about the wonderful hazelnut cookies from Monteleone's? Those are my faves.

Anonymous said...

Sadly I haven't found any chocolate chip cookies in Carroll Gardens that rival our neighboring Baked in Red Hook. Everything they make there is delicious and worth the hike.

Anonymous said...

This one is easy to answer; I make the best cookies! With real butter and real sugar!

Kelly said...

Recipe please!!

Anonymous said...

Please dear anonymous: share a recipe, something good for spring.

Thanks and sweetness,
Jackie

Plow to Plate said...

Yes, please 11:43!!!
By the way, readers, the BEST cake I have ever eaten is Sri Lankan Love Cake - Here is one recipe
http://www.asiafood.org/recipe_list_link.cfm?recipeid=126
The secret is to use a wooden spoon when stirring. Sahadi's has most of the exotic ingredients. If you make it, invite me over, please!!!

Anonymous said...

désolé!
None of the names cited make make me move. Just run for the "croissants" @ alondine in Dumbo.
I am not paid for this, you trust me. it's a 5min trip by bike.

Anonymous said...

The choc. chip cookies at Marquet are pretty good but I agree that Baked in Red Hook has the best. Italian cookies are okay but French ones are better!

Mary