Wednesday, March 09, 2011

This Sunday, State Senator Squadron Invites Constituents To Community Convention. Don't Forget To RSVP

oo

photo credit: office of NYS Senator Squadron

State Senator Daniel Squadron at his first Community Convention in 2009

REMINDER: THIS SUNDAY!
Don't Forget To RSVP

Now in his second term as our State Senator, Daniel Squadron has kept his promise to keep an open dialogue with his constituents to discuss pressing legislative and community priorities. He held his first Community Convention in February 2009 and followed up with a series of neighborhood specific meetings in 2010. His office has just announced the third annual convention, scheduled for March 13th.
Here is Squadron's email with the pertaining information.
Dear Friend:

Please join me on Sunday, March 13th, for the third annual 25th Senate District Community Convention. I am hosting the convention at St. Francis College, 180 Remsen Street in Downtown Brooklyn, from 2:00-5:00PM.

At the convention, I will ask you about your thoughts and ideas on legislative and community priorities.

Last year, more than 400 community members attended and offered valuable feedback on topics as far-ranging as school overcrowding, park planning and nightlife. We divided into small discussion groups so each attendee could participate actively, and the great ideas I heard influenced my work at home and in Albany.

I hope you will join me this year to offer your input on those topics, as well as affordable housing, health care, Albany reform and more than 20 others. For a complete list of topics, please visit http://www.nysenate.gov/community-convention.

Will you join me at the community convention on Sunday, March 13th? Please RSVP to Rosemarie Diaz in my office at 212-298-5565 or rdiaz@nysenate.gov. I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Daniel

25th District


°°°°°°°°°°°

No comments: