Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Down In South Carolina Once More

oo
IMG_0193
Driving South
IMG_0236
Green Grass and budding trees
IMG_0227
In bloom
IMG_0249
Fog rising
IMG_0224
An old shed slowly collapsing

IMG_0221
Leaning shed
IMG_0220
New barns replacing the old
IMG_0215
Tin roof and porch

IMG_0212
Big oak trees and abandoned house

IMG_0195
The inside of a great dinner in North Carolina

IMG_0206
This place would do well in New York

IMG_0208
A great sign on the diner's wall.

IMG_0209
I loved the fork and spoon wall clock

IMG_0257
Rainy beach

IMG_0268
7 Am at the beach this morning


After a long drawn out winter, it was time to check on the family's beach condo In South Carolina. So my husband and I left New York on Saturday and headed down to Surfside Beach on Saturday to spend a week cleaning, caulking and painting ...and enjoying the ocean, of course. Unfortunately, the cold weather followed us, so that we have had to click on the heat. We have stayed in since we came. (Actually, I think I only stuck my nose out for about 10 minutes yesterday.)
But this morning, a glorious sunrise greeted me when I awoke and as you can see from the photos, the trees and spring flowers are in full bloom here.
I will be here all week long, heading back to Brooklyn early next week, but please send me your photos and news of the neighborhood, so that I can stay in touch with Carroll Gardens. And come back to check out my South Carolina posts.


°°°°°°°°°°°


2 comments:

typehype said...

Love your photos of the landscape and old barns! I've never been to NC, but I'd love to visit, especially after see your pictures. The diner is fantastic. I just love those old places. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I want one of those t-shirts!