Friday, April 20, 2012

A Moment Back In Time: A Spring Day In Carroll Park In The 1960's

oo
Carroll Park 1960's
Here is a wonderful glance into the past from Genevieve, who grew up in our neighborhood and now lives many miles away. She recently came across this wonderful family photograph taken in Carroll Park in the 1960's.
Genevieve writes:
"We are outside Carroll Park getting ready to go to church on Easter morning. I'm pretty sure it was Easter. Ma only took pictures like these on special days and I am wearing pink. I have no idea how old I am, but my brother was six years older than me and he looks young in the photo. Sweet memories!"

Thanks so much for sharing, Genevieve. I love your little coat and the little Easter hat.
Perhaps others have some old photos of themselves in the neighborhood from years past. By all means, let me know by emailing me at pardonmeinbrooklyn at gmail dot com. I would love to post more.

And click here for the story I did a while back on my friend Dolores. Check out the photos taken of her in Carroll Park at different stages of her life here.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Very adorable!

chickenunderwear said...

I remember sea-saws.