Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Court Tree Collective On Court Street To Transform Into "Kar Yee Noodle Shop" For One Night Only

oo
Kar Yee and her grandfather, 1990
photo courtesy of Kar Yee

Kar Yee,  a member of Court Street Collective, will be transforming the small gallery at 371 Court Street into a wonderful Hong Kong-style noodle shop to recreate the smells, tastes and memories of her childhood. For the occasion, she will be offering a simple noodle soup menu.  This event is for one night only.  It's bound to be popular, so sign up early for the special value pack.
Read on for more information


Kar Yee Noodle Shop
371 Court Street
November 22 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Hanging red lights
Bustling landscapes
Steamy noodles soups
Herbs and teas
Reaching high on my tippy toes
I spent the first 6 years of my life in Hong Kong with my sister and Grandfather. On weekends my Grandfather would take us to the busy and vibrant street markets to eat. The variety of smells from the food vendors would fill the streets. The noodles became my favorite. Elbow to elbow, bowl to bowl, perfect strangers became friends. Sharing the love and appreciation for these simple yet intricate dishes. For myself, the noodle symbolizes comfort, my culture and the lasting memories of my time in Hong Kong. It’s a memory that will last with me forever.

Being the daughter of a Chinese chef, I have always been around food and have been inspired by it from

Noodle Soup Menu:
Crispy pork
wonton and scallion
Shiitake mushroom and tofu

Price
$7 – noodle soup bowl
$2 – chinese vita brand juice & teas
$3 – wine or beer
$10 for a noodle bowl and 2 drinks of choice.

Reserve Your  $10.00 value pack here!



No comments: