Monday, January 18, 2010

From Tailor To Tanning Salon On Smith Street

oo



Want to get rid of that sickly winter pallor? All you have to do is to head on over to Smith Street here in Carroll Gardens.
The Tanning Room just moved from Court Street to 317 Smith Street and is celebrating its grand re-opening by offering one month of unlimited tanning for $69.

I know that those UV-free tanning beds are supposed to be safe, but I am not sure I would want to take a chance with my skin.
Am I just being silly?

How about you, dear Reader? Have you ever used the Tanning Room before either at this new location or at the old one?




Related Reading:

Nardi Tailor & Dry Cleaners To Be Replaced By Tanning Salon On Smith?




UPDATE

FDA debates tougher cancer warning on tanning beds (Associated Press) 1/18/2010


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how well they'll do. Can't imagine going to a tanning salon. But I guess they did some market research into viability.

impa said...

they are fools! it will not work in this neighborhood. everyone seems so pasty, even during summer months. i miss the tailor.

Anonymous said...

I've gone to that place in the summer (when it was on Court) for the Mystic Tan. When you're pale like me, it's great to use occasionally.

Anonymous said...

I passed by today and they beckoned me to go in. I told them I was tan enough. But a glimpse inside looked like they had state of the art stuff. Anyway, they were friendly. I wish anyone who is enterprising well - people have to make a living.